KS2 Class Teacher with core subject responsibility – September 2021
We are excited to be able to appoint an experienced, well-organised and enthusiastic teacher to join our supportive and committed staff team. This permanent post will be in Key Stage 2, teaching our mixed Year 3/4 class.
Braishfield Primary School is a ‘good’ school providing education for 96 children.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about securing excellent outcomes for all children
- Place children’s learning at the heart of everything they do
- Create an inspiring and purposeful learning environment and demonstrate positive strategies for behaviour management
- Demonstrate strong use of Assessment for Learning strategies to help every child make good progress and build on prior learning
- Encourage children to show initiative, take risks with their learning and challenge themselves
- Have high expectations of themselves and the children
- Be open to developing their own practice and sharing best practice with others
- Show resilience and have effective strategies to help manage workload
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working closely as part of a small team
- Have a 'can do' attitude and a great sense of humour
We would welcome applications from individuals who already have experience teaching in Key Stage 2 and who have demonstrated strong subject leadership skills in their current school, ideally in a core subject.
We can offer:
- Happy, enthusiastic children who love learning
- A very friendly and supportive team in which everyone is encouraged and valued
- A commitment to provide exciting internal and external opportunities for your professional development
- An outward-looking school, committed to sharing best practice and providing children with the very best educational experiences
- A well-resourced school to help you deliver a broad, rich and engaging curriculum for your class
- Regular allocated time to enable you to carry out subject leadership responsibilities
- Active and supportive parents and governors
- The unique experience of working in a small school with strong links with the local community
- A culture where well-being of staff is not just supported but actively promoted
Braishfield Primary School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.